The European Society of Hypnosis Certificate (ESHC) was conceived by the ESH BOD following the decision to withdraw from the European Psychotherapy Association (EAP), thereby giving up our right to regulate certification in hypnosis in Europe. We decided to create our own certification, reflecting competence in all areas of Hypnosis (Medical, Dental, Psychological).
European Society of Hypnosis Certificate (ESHC) Training Requirements
We recognise two uses of hypnosis within our Constituent Societies:
This describes the use of hypnosis by qualified professionals in Medicine, Dentistry, Clinical, Medical Psychology, and Psychotherapy (where this is a state registered title).
ESHC applicants will be required to successfully complete a prescribed course of training, supervision, and documented experience, within an ESH Accredited Training Society (ATS).
This relates to Countries that have an academic training and a state registered title of ‘Hypno-Psychotherapist’.
ESHC applicants who have successfully completed this training and have been granted this title will automatically qualify for an ESHC.
Minimum Training Requirements for an ESHC for the Adjunct Use of Hypnosis
Level 1 – Basic Training: It is the responsibility of the ATSs to provide Level 1 – Basic Training
- Minimum 50 hours of Basic Theoretical Hypnosis Training.
- Minimum 50 hours of Supervision in hypnosis applications.
Level 2- Advanced Training: It is the responsibility of the ESHC applicant to complete Level 2- Advanced Training.
- Minimum 100 hours of Further Hypnosis Training including courses, conferences, workshops and online learning etc. in hypnotic applications and techniques.
- Minimum 2 years of Clinical Work Experience in hypnosis.
Links for ESHC
Links for Accredited Training Societies (ATS)
ESH Certificate Holders
- Randi Abrahamsen – DSCH
- Dr Mehmet Turgut Akyol – THD
- Mrs Inger Davidsson – SSCH
- Dr F. Zeynep Ozturk Elibuyuk – THD
- Mrs Gabriele Erbacher – MEG
- Dr Semra Gunay – THD
- Mrs Gerlinde Klein – MEG
- Dr Shaul Livnay – IsSH
- Dr Helga Macheiner – MEGA
- Dr Ali Ozden Ozturk – THD
- Dr Gizemnur Ozturk – THD
- Mr Philippe Rayet – CFHTB
- Ms Rachel Bonaventura Snir – IsSH
- Peter Stimpfle – MEG
- Dr Ayse Nur Yuce Tokatli – THD
- Dr Ekrem Tokatli – THD
Letters and Questionnaires